Bespoke outdoor experience programmes
So, you have decided to get your students out of the classroom and into the natural environment. That's fantastic! Whatever outdoor learning experience you have in mind, SOLD has got everything to create a Bespoke Outdoor Experience Programme that is engaging, developmental, exhilarating and fun!
SOLD can offer programmes and services, that are designed to specifically support KS3 & KS4 students on their academic and personal development journey into adulthood including:
- Team development/induction days for year groups
- Employability skills development programmes
- Personal & Social skills development
- Leadership Programmes
- BELBIN team role profiling and awareness
- Interview/recruitment preparation
- Apprenticeship roles in Activity Leadership
- Curriculum Enrichment experiences
- Duke of Edinburgh Award expedition services
- Outdoor skills training
Designing your bespoke programme
We will design a bespoke programme with you for your students depending upon the length of your visit, particular requirements you may have, such as catering and accommodation, and what you really want to achieve with your students during your visit. Take a look at our Learning Outcome Tool (below) to help focus on your main aims of your visit to SOLD as well as a a selection of programmes that can be created for your students in the drop sections below.
Defining the aim of your group's visit is very important. As their leader we work with you to specify their learning outcomes you wish them to achieve during their visit. These could include:
- setting goals
- broaden horizons
- self awareness
We offer a bespoke service to any school that expresses an interest in GCSE PE activities of an adventurous nature.
We can currently offer climbing, canoeing, archery, orienteering and mountain biking (depending on the exam board) to Year 11 students (2016-17). We can offer climbing, canoeing or kayaking on the new specification to Year 10 students (2016-17).
Using activities of an adventurous nature may enable certain students to score more highly on their practical assessment than they would otherwise. Students that may benefit from pursuing an activity of this nature may be those who:
- are lacking confidence
- do not have a bank of transferable ball skills
- would appreciate performing in a non-competitive environment
School Exam boards we work with:
We are willing to work with schools pursuing GCSE PE with:
We also currently work with schools and colleges who are pursuing BTEC:
- Level 2
- Level 3
- Level 4
Please contact Gareth Moss by email email@example.com or by phone 07772342472 if you would like to make an enquiry or booking.
A residential is an exciting adventure for young people of any age.
Residentials have been shown to promote various benefits for young people in terms of personal development, such as:
- a greater sense of independence
- personal confidence
- improved interpersonal skills
- a greater sense of personal responsibility and time-keeping
- personal care and hygiene
And what could be more fun than living in the outdoors and spending quality time with your friends?
When did you last review your current residential provision?
- Are your residentials of a high quality?
- Do you see development between year group residentials?
- Do you work with learning outcomes to ensure a quality experience?
- Have you reviewed travelling time vs costs?
Put SOLD to the test - we can offer you:
- High quality residential experiences – teepees, yurts or luxury log cabins
- A developmental, joined up programme of residential visits from year group to year group.
- Plan, Do, Review – we create robust learning outcomes
- Why spend ££'s on travelling long distances, when your outdoor experiences can start sooner?
Discover what residential options SOLD are able to offer including teepees, yurts, log cabins and camping (using own tents).
Further reading about residential benefits to young people – Learning Away Research.
This winter, we are offering brilliant, fully inclusive residential packages that will get your young people out of the classroom and into the outdoors. A comprehensive outdoor learning programme will keep them exhilarated during the day. In the evenings they will enjoy a warm and toasty stay in our deluxe log cabins, whilst enjoying home-cooked meals and as much hot chocolate as they can drink!
3 days/2 nights for £114* per student
Residential trips are a wonderful opportunity for personal development, inspiring improved confidence, interpersonal skills and a better dynamic between students and teachers.
Woodland Residentials take place at High Ashurst, which is a majestic 56-acre site nestled in the heart of the Surrey Hills. With direct access to Headley Heath, this is an idyllic setting in which to learn and develop.
* Terms and conditions apply.
Take your students out of their usual surroundings and let them achieve positive personal development through outdoor experiential learning that challenges the mind and body. This package is ideal for team development, enrichment days, summer schools, induction days and much more!
A typical 'Curriculum Enrichment Day' will include two activities from the list below and fit into normal school hours (9.30-2.30pm):
- Adventure walk
- Bell boating
- Challenge Course
- High ropes
- Mountain biking
- Raft building
- Team tasks and problem solving
- Woodland skills